The designation Li P.01-116 was used several different times by the Lippisch
design team. The first was shortly after Lippisch arrived at the Messerschmitt
in Augsburg. First concieved as a jet-powered interceptor on April 12,
1939, it was designed around the first available data for a turbojet engine.
A short fuselage held the unnamed jet engine and fuel, and the wings were
wide and mounted mid-fuselage. Since this was a tailless design, only a
single fin and rudder was used. The pilot sat in the cockpit located in
the forward section of the fuselage, and landing was acoomplished via a
skid built into the bottom of the aircraft. No armament was chosen at this
stage in the Li P.01-116's development.
|Classic Plane Resin||1/72||Resin||#CPR 07|