Dating from December 2, 1942, this project was a design for a high-speed
bomber and was developed by Hendrick of Department "L" at Messerschmitt.
The spacious fuselage was designed to hold an internal bomb load and a
small 320 kg (705 lbs) fuel tank. Also located in the fuselage/wing root
area were two Jumo 004B turbojet engines, which were fed from intakes in
the leading edge of the wing next to the cockpit. The wing was swept back
at approximately 29 degrees and contained four fuel tanks (two per side)
of 400 kg and 540 kg (882 lbs and 1190 lbs) capacity. A single fin and
rudder was fitted to the rear fuselage. One very interesting feature was
the swinging stabilizers that were hinged to the stabilizers of the rudder,
which would be hydraulically deflected to a horizontal position. A single
pilot sat in the cockpit which was loacted in the nose of the aircraft.
The bombload consisted of up to 1000 kg (2205 lbs) of bombs and no defensive
armament was planned at this stage. A further development of the P.11 (Delta
VI) was begun in Vienna, and progressed to a wooden mockup/prototype.
|Span||Length||Height||Main Gear Width||Wing Area||Empty Weight||Gross Weight|
|There are no scale models currently of this aircraft|
|Original drawing of the Lippisch Li P.11
||Original wartime model of
the Lippisch Li P.11